Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Friday 23 December 2016

Secret Santa 2015 Finally Finished


I hang my head in shame as I write today's post. Whilst I quickly made up the wagon and the thunderbox I failed to actually paint the other parts of my wonderful present from last years Santa Clause. But with the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge about to start I decided I had to get them finished before this started and with such a dead line started to get cracking.

The toilet is by Foreground and is an excellent little model that has already seen some action in a western gunfight I played with The Boy, Lee and his daughter.

The figure was also part of the present, being The Duke I am assuming. He has sat (literally) primed and waiting since I think February. Not the way to say thank you for such a nice gift.

Colonel Bills do a few different figures to be mounted on the loo, I really like this one though Dave D has done another option as part of his first entry in the Challenge.

The other part of my present was this Foreground wagon and a pair of resin loads also from Colonel Bills.

The fact that the loads painted up really quickly just made the long wait so much worse! I need to get my buildings all painted and so get more games played as they always go down well with the kids.

The loads were given a mix of wood paints (and a leather belt!) and then a black ink wash to bring out the grain of the cases. I am really happy with how they came out.

The second load is shown outside the wagon. I will obviously need to get another wagon so as to be able to use both loads, see an easy excuse works wonders.

So thank you to my Secret Santa from last year and again, sorry it took me so long to get my brushes out.

8 comments:

  1. I need to get some of the wagon loads.. they look good. I also like the figure as well I don't have that one ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't have that one yet you mean LOL

      Yes the wagon loads work well with the Foreground wagon

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Lovely pieces! And a merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon, have a great time too

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Fabulous job Ian, I really like these sets and need to have a closer look myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, always room for table clutter

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Great looking wagon and baggages Ian, and this toilet is beautiful...and useful! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, same to you, hope you all have a great time

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.