Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Next Up

The next bust I plan to paint is British Commando WWII by Young Miniatures based in Korea. This is a far less complex figure than the Polish Lancer or even the German soldier I finished recently. I am trying a few different things, first I have high and low lighted the bust by spraying a light primer from above and darker primer from below though I think I really need to use stronger contrasting shades.

The other change is quite major, I will base cote it watered down acrylic and then over paint in oils attempting to a more subtle shading through blending. Being new to oils this is going to be interesting. I have already started work on a spare face and been reasonably happy with the result. This will be far more time consuming but I hope for far better results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.