Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 10 May 2020

Project FINISHED, well for now

I now have everything painted I needed for our display game we was going to be running at Joy of Six a couple of years ago. Given we had to cancel our game the final painting had been set aside but I finally just got on with it. I am not sure if Lee is in the same position, if he is then maybe we could be running it at next years Joy of Six if Pete has space.


I needed four more units of Greek type Peltasts and a fairly basic paint job as it's the mass effect I have been going for with these armies. These can also be used with my Persian army that is FAR from finished.

I also needed the correct elephant units so here is my Seleucid models. These are more imposing than the ones that would be in a normal Macedonian army, it's all in the towers you know.

 I also needed two more Scythed Chariots for this army. This gives me six so maybe one will get something done? All models are Baccus as all my Ancients are. Not much clean up required and easy to paint. Always a plus when you have had as many as I have had to paint.

I would like to say this is the whole army but I have another about twenty units on top of those set out there. If I was to use this as the basis of my Persian army then I probably need to spend another £500 plus in castings to do it justice. I don't have plans to do so at this point but if we do the display game we have planned and Lee gets to spend the day "chatting" about it I can't promise I would not be going home with a few army packs worth to get it started.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is just an amazing sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, we need a bigger table

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Got to say that is very impressive! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt. Of course Lee's Roman army is tiny by comparison. How come I always end up with the bigger armies to paint? :-)

      Ian

      Delete
  3. That's a very impressive army - lovely stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian, just shows you've not been cured of megalomania yet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Lord, that's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, can't wait to actually use it lol

      Ian

      Delete
  6. TSBIE was established in the year 2014. The primary aim of the board is to improve the education system of the state and to promote the vision of world-class education in Telangana. Telangana Intermediate Model Paper 2021 Conducting examinations is one of the most important functions of TSBIE. Board conducts the annual board examination in March every year and the supplementary examination

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.