Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Tuesday 4 October 2016

French SYW Infantry With a Twist

The whole Seven Years War project all started out based on The Boys choice of what to do next. I really thought he would have gone Medieval on us but after some good thought he opted for SYW and whilst Lee and myself have really ran with it, The Boy originally was painting his own but as a nine year old often does he lost interest in painting them himself so I have taken on the duties.

He decided the colours of his first battalion himself after deciding as it was Imagination he would go full hog. Since then he has rethought the idea and wants to be more historical so only a few battalions will not be standard SYW French. That is till he again possibly changes his mind.

As you can see they are a brightly dressed group. I expect to do another one or two battalions for this regiment at some point. At the moment I am painting up command and a regiment of Dragoons, all historically correct.

The figures are all Lancashire Games and the quality of the figures were what prompted me to buy some of their Prussian castings, a decision I have not regretted. My son has enough figures for a few more battalions but I will need to buy more figures soon for him. Possibly as a Christmas present but probably just because I can LOL.

The flag is from this ebay seller who has a tremendous range (more in a future post) and for £11.25 you get nine sheets each with thirty infantry flags per sheet, representing great value.

Also available are cavalry flags. He covers all major forces but also the minor allies as well. Prices reflect the number of flags available. The paper is matt and resists fault lines in the creases. I have since bought both the French and Prussian cavalry flags and the Prussian infantry whilst Lee who introduced me to them has not only the Russia and Austrian but plenty of the others as well.

Next up for the SYW will be the two light battalions I recently painted up but I also have a few 6mm units awaiting blogging but before any of these I will be updating the Secret Santa status as we stand. The Santa Clause has already been assigned (earlier notice so to be able to paint up our gifts) and Chris seems to be keeping us all in order :-)

14 comments:

  1. A very colourful imaginations unit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, just about finished a more traditional French unit for him.

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Nice they remind me a bit of my wife's regiment of dragoons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how we doe these little things

      Ian

      Delete
  3. The fickle nature if youth eh? Still you've done a cracking job on these Ian, the lad will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is rather. He has started to go through his stash of flags and the internet trying to choose his next units

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Nice job and wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish my Dad would paint up some of my figures!! Well he certainly used his imagination.....pink coats for French, Louis would ...love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if Lee and myself will still paint up a few units of our own with dodgy colours :-)

      Ian

      Delete
  6. Great looking figures! I really dig that Imagi nations stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have never really got the bug so it's a bit strange for me

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.