Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 22 January 2020

Frozen German Soldier at Stalingrad SOLD

Frozen was released by Stormtrooper Miniatures some time ago and unfortunately is no longer available though they still have plenty to choose from. They seem to cater for other periods more than WWII though I really like the French Revolutionary 1/6th scale bust. However I will have to raise my game before trying him.

The base is from Model Display Products and is resin and I used my airbrush to spray Vallevo Model Colour Dark Seagreen which is the same base colour as the material wrapped around his head. The snow effect I have used before but on much smaller models is Deluxe Materials Scenic Snow and I found using normal PVA better than using the glue provided that I found tended to colour the snow. 

The MP40 was a challenge (and yes I need to trim the barrel as pointed out by a friend) the wire stock came in three pieces! The rest of the figure came in the same number! The only other use of the airbrush was undercoating. The rest is all Vallejo Model Colour but applied with normal brushes.

Overall very happy with the finish. Being less involved than Rollo he was a quicker paint and having no deadline helped with the stress levels. I am now moving to Napoleonic's with three battalions of Adler 6mm and a bust of a Polish Lancer at Waterloo.





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, I see your cracking out quality and quantity in the challenge :-)

      Ian

      Delete
  2. That is truely excellent brushwork!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, now onto something a bit smaller but still German

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.