Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 20 August 2023

SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich Bust (SOLD)

 Another bust that was picked because it would give me more practice at creating leather effects. This bust was supplied by Mitches Military Models though currently the set it belongs to is currently not showing.

I used my late WWII German tank paints applied by airbrush to the plinth. Adding a Tiger Tank decal then weathered the plinth the same way I work on my tank models to give it a worn and weathered finish.


This is a V bust, that is a bust that does not have the arms and tend to be a more basic piece to work with but a big advantage is the speed that you can work on them and get them finished. This one is typical as it is just a two piece model and clean up next to nothing.


To this point this is the only SS bust I have worked on. I tend to choose other arms of the German forces as I am uncomfortable with the attitude some have to the SS. 


Originally put up for sale on Etsy it was immediately taken down which was my fault having used his full rank. Six months later I was suspended for having a German paratrooper bust in my shop. I simply let it be and come away from that platform.

The bust has been shipped off over the pond where a good few pieces of my work reside.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.