The last of the almost finished figures of Martin's. Well in fact I have two figures that will be used at a much later date on a command base. These two bases will just allow options for my Macedonian armies or the Bactrian Greek if I decide to also expand to include that list as well.
I can't really take any credit here as all I needed to do was repaint the lance and tips, a little touch up on the horses and give them a ink wash. Martin as he often did had changed the positions of some of the horses heads and made one horse rear up.
I then just rebased to FoG in my usual way though I incorporated the three horses that clearly went together. All told less than an hour of work if you ignore the down periods for drying.
Whilst doing this though I decided to cut my fingers repeatedly whilst cleaning up the 20mm Numidian Light Cavalry. All thirty two are now prepped and undercoated ready for the kick off of the Challenge. I now have a box file full of 20mm Ancients and 28mm WWII all prepped and ready. I still have fifteen 28mm Partisan figures to prep and have another twenty eight plus on order that I am waiting for. A mix of desert and early war WWII. I also have six Japanese 28mm to make up and prepare which I will do this week coming I guess.
Fear not, I have other work sitting on the table right now. A Galatian cavalry base in 15mm to see if I like them enough to paint up a unit. I have started a 54mm Philistine for my son which I am about half way through. A pair of giraffes, yes giraffes for my daughter which are at the moment just undercoated. Not only that but a bunch of 6mm buildings have been primed between all those 20mm figures. So plenty to work on between now and the twentieth.