Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Monday 24 December 2012

My First Timecast 6mm Buildings

These buildings were bought at the Donnington show a few months back and finally got onto the table a few weeks back. I already had the Baccus versions but up to this point had never painted any Timecast buildings. I have to say that again I was happy with the product. It's nice to have such a pick of quality product.

These are the two cottages, as you can see both buildings are the same except for the roof, this time done in nice red tiles. The stone base makes for a step down but none provided so I may have to add that little detail at a later point.


I really like the wooden beams that make up the building, gives it a nice feel. This time I dry brushed the texture rather than using a wash. Gives the building a different look to the ink and helps give a different look to what really is four buildings that look the same.


The Baccus buildings come on a plinth and this accounts for the higher price than Timecast who make them for Baccus. Having the two side by side  think I prefer the roof of the Baccus cottage.
 
 
Here you can see the difference in the walls between the ink on the left and dry brushing. Of these two I prefer the thatch on the Timecast model. I also have a couple of bases of the old Baccus resin buildings which still need a little base work I hope to complete in the next few days. Then that will be it for buildings for a while. Next up is a job lot, I want to get them done before Triples as then I have an excuse to buy more. Of course I may have bought some at York by then.

5 comments:

  1. They are rather splendid Ian, I suppose not having the plinth makes them more versatile though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice work I think that dry brushing is the way to go by the looks of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm not supposed to say how cute they are but by gosh, they really are.

    Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Michael, yes it does, and on the plinth they are even taller, but I like both types and the plinth makes them look a bit different which breaks up the look a bit.

    @ Ray, Thanks.

    @ Gowan, yes I like theeffect, though I will continue to mix styles I think

    @ Happy, you can say they are cute, seeing as it's Christmas ;-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.