Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 20 July 2014

Joy of Six are Go

So it's nearly 6.30 am and all is ready to be loaded into Lee's car in less than an hour. My son is about to be dragged out of bed, though he will be more than happy to be on the get go. Looking at my pile of stuff it seems a little light but I am sure Lee is making up for it with not just his troops but also the boards.

Hope to see some of you guys there later, doors open at 10am, we are rolling up at 8am so we can get set up and start the game.

Of course I could not help but buy the new released on the day figures, French in 1815 uniform and also in Greatcoat. Line infantry and skirmishers. I need to get the new artillery crews and some flags today. At least I have nine battalions to count against these twenty four purchased. A small blip soon to be painted flat again :-)

Igor even had a love letter for me, well until he explained the kisses were in fact gravestones! OOps

My son was well received and had a rare old time of it, though today I think will top the Saturday. I have had the tour before but it was great to do it a second time and it was a treat to see how the figures are made. Sorry forgot the camera!!!

19 comments:

  1. Have a great day and say hi to Peter for me. I'll make it there one year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did thanks, next year we wont play but may well set up the Waterloo boards part way through the action

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Hope someone brings there camera for this as would be great to see some action shots of the figures and terrain.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I dropped the ball, though lots of others took pictures. Also I hope to get some more sent to me

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Enjoy yourself. Er what happened to no more purchases eh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always going to buy the new Baccus especially as they will go straight onto the table. However see tomorrows post LOL

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. We did thanks, my son had a fantastic time

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I should have faded but it was a buzz start to finish

      Ian

      Delete
  6. Hope it goes swimmingly Ian, best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we had the cool air, upstairs was way to hot so very happy

      Ian

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. OLD!!!!!!!

      OK I know really and we did thanks


      Ian

      Delete
    2. OLD!!!!!!!

      Guilty as charged and we did thanks

      Ian

      Delete
  8. Hope you and your son have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those great bonding exercises that can not be over rated. Fiercely proud of how he behaved.

      Ian

      Delete
  9. Bet you did have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so right, the whole weekend was a fantastic time. This weekend I intend to do things to make my Daughters weekend (Cath had a girly two days)

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.