Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 2 July 2014

June Gain's and Losses.

So May and June saw wargame shows in the form of Triples and Partizan, these are typically dangerous times for anyone who actually means they do want to cut back on the old lead mountain. It really does not bold well then that the Joy of Six is in July making three months on the trot I will be at a show. Actually it will be the third show on the trot where I will have bought some Baccus figures, oh dear.

So lets start with 6mm I have not quite finished the lot shown above so will use them to soften the blow of the soon to be released Baccus French infantry but nothing really can help against the Cavalry with another four regiments bought at Partizan to add to the twelve at Triples. I painted two up so now the mountain is up nine over the last two months, not cool.
Limbers and guns both had plus four in and as these got painted I have gained nothing to the mountain but increased the painted total, good result.
No change to buildings but with over thirty coming to me this month I will have another new face to scale on the old mountain.
Last for six mill is a pack of four Baccus (again LOL) wagon's, maybe they will get looked at soon.
Keeping with wagons I have assembled but not painted my new Warbases stage coach or wagon, both of course in 28mm. Neither have I done the pair of horses, these need starting.

I do have three 28mm infantry almost finished so July should see a few items reduced on the old mountain but unfortunately like June will see an overall increase despite the idea that this exercise should decrease the overall weight.

 Yes it will be interesting that a quarter of a year into the exercise I will have quite a few red sections on my spreadsheet. I just need to concentrate on the idea that the next 3 months should see the overall total shift to the lighter with more of the 6mm being finished for Waterloo whilst I also work on the Saga and Cowboys in 28mm. I have said this a few times but I do not expect many more purchases in the next three months beyond new releases from Baccus and Leven and the odd addition to the Saga if my son really gets into it.

11 comments:

  1. "I do not expect many more purchases" ... Yeah right....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! We will see how long Ian's resolve lasts. My wager is not past the next show. Any other takers?

      Delete
    2. I think he has been well and truly rumbled..

      Delete
    3. You lot, I don't know. Actually the next show I will be buying at as I need to get the Baccus I already committed too.Anyway it's not about NOT buying but buying less than I paint. That's what I tell myself anyway

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Whats that I have now a new mountain besides the lead and plastic mountain I now have a MDF mountain. The fun of wargaming, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love having a peek at how others do it. It's fascinating to see so much you have going on all at once!

    I am pretty ruthless with finishing what's on my plate, er, table, before I break out more stuff. OCD for the win. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to cut through this lot as the clutters making the working space counter productive.

      Some of it is finished just needing that final spray and boxing up.

      Happy to say a good lot of them will be moved off the table this month

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Did you ever do a running total on how much you have spent? Tim did that one year on his blog, for gaming stuff.

    He hit scary numbers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.