Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Monday 27 April 2020

Ghoul Friends for Dungeon Saga

I started painting through the monsters of Dungeon Saga about a year or so ago but got distracted. I now have cleaned up and ready to paint all the ghoul figures and will do them in batches of two matching figures.

Typical of this set the detail is a bit soft but not too bad. Given they are just for this game I did not want to spend too long on them. After all they tend not to stick around on the table for too long before they get killed and removed. That said I did not want them to look sloppy either. The flesh had a basic flesh coating and then highlighted to add a pale tone then washed in Nulin Oil. I also washed them in skin tone ink going over heavily where damage showed to look that bit more gruesome. 


Two others are fairly basic but the last four will be a bit more tricky. Then it's two ghost types and then onto the larger models that are MUCH bigger. In the background is the next group. A point of Saga bowmen levy so plenty to get stuck into.

5 comments:

  1. Nice work Ian. I tried to do something similar with "Dungeon Saga" a couple of years ago, and failed quite miserably. I simply don't like the "Mantic Games" plastic I'm afraid - too soft for the detail, imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the detail is soft in some cases. The undercoat I use is Vallejo Surface Primer Ger. Panzer Grey 74.603 which is a bit think as well. I watered down a bit. Seems to be the best for plastics not had any paint pop off when handled

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Nice work, as Simon said above we tried to plug our way through the Dungeon Saga figures a couple of years back, it is hard work, but I did finish mine (smug face).

    Keep at it mate, it's the only way.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did a storming job, Roger, I was very envious of your dedication to the task at hand. I even ended up re-basing the ones I did so they'd better fit in an undead army for "Kings Of War", but the minis simply never enthused me.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Dick, I will continue, now I have all the small ones primed and on my desk they will get done. The larger ones will then get pulled out and done.

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.