Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Thursday 23 April 2020

Three Baccus British Heavy Cavalry Regiments

I managed to paint these three in a day and base them the following day. Seem to have some of my old speed back. These are for my son's Peninsular army. Whilst they were there they actually did not really get involved in much fighting and when they did it was hard for them to actually get anyone to stand against them as the French cavalry by this point were in a poor state through lack of suitable remounts etc.

Front left we have 1st Life Guards and alongside the 3rd Dragoon Guards and at the back Royal Horse Guards, or The Blues as they were known.

Typical set up, nine figures in a unperfect line to suggest the start of a charge. 60x30mm bases with the sand and masonry paint mix dry brushed to give more colours and static grass and tufts applied. I really spoil that boy ;-)

Rear views, I really like Baccus as you can paint or ignore detail dependent on your style and it does not take that much effort to put together a fairly reasonable looking unit.

I still have plenty of figures left of Joseph's to add to his force. More infantry, light dragoons but need to get some horse artillery at some point.

These were prepped for the Analogue Painting Challenge I dropped out of not last year but the previous one so were well over due. I have manged to prep a bunch so I may have a reasonable run and quite a mix of projects.

4 comments:

  1. Great to see these guys get finished! The6 look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, next few posts will be upscale lol

      Ian

      Delete
  2. They do look great! I like the basing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, I learnt the basing from Lee Sharpe so our forces tend to match well

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.